Your love is all I need [DBSK]
How a person reacts to your sadness
says a lot about how long they're going to be in your life.
.........................
Last night, one of my dearest friends called me. It has been a while since we last talked to each other, but once we greeted each other, it felt like old times. Times when we would lie on the bed, talking about a lot of things until the wee hours.
We talked about a lot of things, mind you we were on the phone for almost two hours! Haha. See, a lot of catching up to do. We talked about schools, colleagues, SPM examination, students, our plan for the upcoming trip and love life.
You might start assuming things about our love lives, romantic stuffs and all but no, this time we weren't talking about how romantic our love lives are. Personally for me, it is not a good thing to always share about the sweet or good things of your relationship to others. I always feel that if I keep sharing such things with others, I kinda shove my happiness in their face. And if the person I am sharing with has a slighlty so-not-sweet relationship, it feels like I kinda rub a lot of salt to their wound. Okay, people might not feel that way though but you never know.
Okay, the thing is, when you are approaching your late 20s and you are not yet married, people around you will start being such a busybody. In our case, teachers mostly started to ask about our relationship status. Even if we told them we are getting to know someone, they won't believe a word we said. For them, if we already have someone, we should be married by now. Some of them started to meddle with your love life by matching you up with people they thought compatible with you. Oh well, if they do it discreetly, it won't be a problem, but when they do it indiscreetly, the other side will start thinking that they have the support of everyone and since you are not yet 'attached', they have a chance with you. And when that happens, problems will start to arise. That's what we hate the most. Okay, hate might be a strong word to use but hey who would like to face this kind of problems?
I know at this stage, most of my friends at my age are already married and most of them already have kids. Some might read this and find that this problem is nothing to be bothered about, but hey, everyone is having their own battle, so please be kind.
.........................
No matter how hard you try, you can't please everyone. So stop worrying and focus on those who love and care for you.
: 26th November 2016.
: 9.20 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: Oh yes, I am still in Jeli. I am not yet in Penang.
One more SPM paper and off I will go back to Penang.