Wednesday, 29 October 2014

So what is your verse?

Born to die [Lana Del Rey]




[Mr Keating, Dead Poets Society]


.....................

This week, even though there was no Sunday blues (read: Awal Muharram holiday), I personally felt that entering classes was a bit more daunting than I expected it to be. Oh well, I think I sort of forgot the saying; 'expect the unexpected', especially when it is related to teaching. 
It might be the unexpected temperature of the day too as it was getting way hotter even as early as 11.00 a.m. And it might be the stress and pressure for the upcoming SPM examination. Or it might also be the longing for holidays that I constantly have every single day in my teaching life. Or it might be all of those.
Oh, what an exhausting and mentally drained week. One more day to go.

.....................

Self Talk for Decreasing Anger:

  1. As long as I keep my cool, I am in control of myself.
  2. My anger is a signal. It is time to talk to myself and relax.
  3. Nothing says I have to be competent and strong all the time. It's okay to feel unsure or confused.
  4. If people criticise me, I can survive that. Nothing says I have to be perfect.
  5. It's impossible to control other people and situations. The only thing I can control is myself and how I express my feelings.
  6. It's okay to be uncertain and insecure sometimes. I don't need to be in control of everything and everybody.
  7. If the person wants to go off the wall, that's their thing. I don't need to respond to their anger or feel threatened.
  8. It's nice to have people's love and approval, but even without it, I can still accept and like myself.
  9. People are going to act the way they want to, not the way I want them to.
  10. I feel angry, that must mean 'I have been hurt, scared or have some other threatening feelings underneath the anger.'



: 29th October 2014.
: 9.50 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: I am getting a bit sensitive these days. I don't know why.