You are my destiny [Lyn]
"Never, in all of the seventy billion humans who have walked this planet since the beginning of time has there been anyone exactly like you. Never, until the end of time, will there be another such as you. You have shown no knowledge or appreciation of your uniqueness. Yet, you are the rarest thing in the world."
- Og Mandino, The Greatest Miracle in World.
.........................
Last week, all schools in Kelantan had quite a long holiday from Tuesday until Saturday; thanks to Deepavali celebration and Hari Keputeraan Sultan Kelantan (sorry, I am too lazy to think of the English term for this). Usually, I would be more than ecstatic to go home and spend my days lazing around in Penang. However, this time, that was not the case.
I decided not to go home but instead, I went to Dungun. "What's with Dungun?", people around me asked. Oh well, it's not the place that made me want to go there in the first place. Rather, it's the person who is there. She is none other than my petite friend with a big heart; Miss Pencinta Kucing.
A few days before my journey, I already googled the way to Dungun. I wanted to use LPT (East Coast Highway) so that the journey will take less than 4 hours. However, the moment I mentioned that, some of the teachers told me not to use LPT as there were a lot of ghost stories about the highway. I was okay at first however, as I will be driving alone, the fact that there will be less cars along the highway and the cases where people were robbed that they had told me were making my heart a bit restless. It's not that I am scared of ghosts in particular, but rather, I am quite worried if I will be targeted by 'road robbers' once they notice me--a girl, driving alone. Seriously, as the day getting nearer, my heart was not at peace. I felt like I wanted to cancel the whole trip and go back to Penang instead.
However, the night before the journey, a thought came across my mind. The Gerik road that I always use to go back to Penang is similar to LPT in the sense that there are less cars and there are also a lot of stories (ghosts and robbers alike). Instead of fearing the unknowns, I better pray hard to Allah so that He will protect me from any harm. Even so, I need to make sure that there will be no strange looking car following me. So, with that in mind, I pursued my initial plan. Dungun, here I come!
I thank Allah for giving me the courage and for protecting me from any harm because...coming to Dungun was one of the best decisions I have ever taken this year. I got to spend my days talking about all sorts of things with my dear friend. I got to taste her cooking (the last time I tasted her sardine was when we were in the U.K). I got to sleep on a big comfy bed. I got to watch TV (I have no TV in Jeli, I only depend on my laptop and hard disk). I got to see her school (it was a big school). I got to watch The Spectre in cinema (Kelantan is yet to have a cinema). I got to eat a lot of things in Dungun (we ate quite a big portion for just two of us; girls). I got to transfer more drama series and movies from her collection to my hard disk (I have Full House and Sungkyunkwan Scandal, yeaaaaaaahhhh).
And the moment I was back in Jeli, I felt a tinge of sadness and loneliness. Now I kinda understand the feeling of leaving someone you care and love. I salute those who are in LDR (long distance relationship). I used to be so cold years ago but I guess I have such a soft heart now. Should I put the blame on myoldage?
.........................
"You may forget someone you laughed with,
but you will never forget someone you cried with."
[Gibran Khalil Gibran]
: 15th November 2015.
: 3.50 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: I managed to get her to watch 'I Hear Your Voice'
and now, she is falling in love with Park Soo Ha too.
See, I told ya. Lee Jong Suk has put a spell on us.