Saturday, 27 August 2016

What love is.

Have I told you lately that I love you [Rod Steward]

What is love? My gorgeous housemate and I always have this conversation of what is love. I guess most of us do. To be honest with you, I do not know what love is supposed to mean. Yeah, really. What is love, romantically speaking? Does it mean you always think about the other person? Or does it mean you are willing to do something for that person? How about actions? Words? Which one comes first? So if people love you, does it mean you have to love that person back? Or the other way around? Does love mean you have to give all your heart and come what may you will do anything for the person you love? Or does honour come first like Rudolf Rassendyll in the Prisoner of Zenda? Oh, love is complicated. 
Even if I am not in a position to fully experience what love is (romantically speaking) since I am not yet married, I have been observing how people around me love each other. And you know what I found? I found that:
  1. Love is when you can speak up your thoughts without the fear of being judged.
  2. Love is when you accept the other person's strengths and weaknesses alike. 
  3. Love is when you do not try to change the other person to be what you have always expected them to be.
  4. Love is when you still eat the meal that your beloved prepared though the taste is not up to your liking.
  5. Love is when you offer to lend a hand with the house chores even if you are so d*mn tired after work.
  6. Love is when you still accompany your beloved to do the things they like even if you hate doing those things (grocery shopping for example?).
  7. Love is when you can afford to let your beloved laze around in pajamas during their day off (or maybe join them?).
  8. Love is when you can stay next to them when they can never stop talking or crying.  
  9. Love is when you let the other person has their own personal time like hanging out with their friends without you tagging along.
  10. Love is when you trust the other person that you let them read through your messages.
  11. Love is when you never hesitate to share the news (be it good or bad) with your beloved first before anyone else. 
  12. Love is when even you disagree with the other person's thoughts or ideas, you do not raise your voice or shout right in their face.
  13. Love is when you put your hand-phone down and in silent mode when you both are having your time together. 
  14. Love is when you feel the other person is not doing their work, you remind them instead of keeping it inside and later on be angry with them without them knowing why.
  15. Love is when you are so angry with the other one, yet you still eat together.
  16. Love is when you learn to think positive and make excuses for the other one for turning up late (or forgetting to fetch you on time). 
  17. Love is when you think of the other person and mention their name every time someone else (maybe a more attractive person than the one with you) try to flirt with you.
  18. Love is when you still wait for the other person even if you are soooo starving or sleepy.
  19. Love is when you call the other person to ask when are they coming back or when you just want to see how they are doing at work (or something).
  20. Love is when you bring back the food or things they like after you have gone for a trip or an outstation.
And the most important thing is: 
  • Love is when you always keep that person in your prayers.  

....................

 "If you cannot swallow your pride,
you are not thirsty enough for her love."
- Pierre Jeanty

: 27th August 2016.
: 11.10 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: I heard one of my friends is having problems with love.
I really hope they can overcome that.
Even if I am a pessimist (at times), I do want all people to have their happily ever after.