Last night, I called my grandma. For the very first time since that day. To tell you the truth, I didn't have the courage to call her, afraid that I will end up crying throughout the whole call. But, thinking of how lonely she would feel, living alone, I braced myself to call her. The moment I greeted her, I could sense her happiness and loneliness at the same time. I tried my best to not get my voice shaky or waver, but when she started to say how sorry she felt to me for not being able to meet my grandpa one more time, I just couldn't stop the tears from falling. Grandma, why would you feel sorry for me? I am the one who should worry and feel sorry for you. I am fine, it was hard to receive the news at first, but I am fine, as long as you are fine. It was hard, really, the moment I heard the news. I am the eldest grandchild, and I was more than helpless for not being able to be there, to look at my only grandpa that I had grown up with for the very last time. But dear grandma, as sad as I could be, you would be more sad than that. That is why, I pray to Him every single day, that He will keep you under His love and grace. Be the strong you dear, as I will always send my prayers to you from this land, far from home.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do."
: 23rd February 2012.
: 11.31 p.m.
: Plymouth, U.K.
: If only you know how broken I am.