Kasih sayang itu titi, kasih sayang penghubung hati
A few days ago, I was asked about a question which made me ponder. Despite the seemingly confident answer I gave that day, I couldn't stop myself from questioning my own answer. I am weird, I admit. I have like two different persons in my own self, and most of the times, those two persons often provoking each other. If one said one thing, another person will definitely question what the former said.
I'm not saying that I have multiple personalities disorder. I'm just saying that in all of us, we have different personalities in us. One; is when we are with other persons, and another one is; when we are alone.
I've been thinking in all my youth time, being in my own community, and being myself, how people are easy to judge others and categorise others; with or without they know it. Even I do it sometimes, no matter how I hate people doing that to me. And for every single time I do that, the two different personalities in me will start questioning each other and I end up blaming my own self for doing that.
I am no saint, I am far from being a good muslim, but I try my best, in every second I breathe to follow the perfect example of the best muslim; my role model. He was a great man, a man who treat all the human beings that he met with humility and respect. He was the man, who visited the old woman that used to throw him rubbishes every single time he passed her house, when one day he found out that same old woman fell sick. He was the man, who with smiles on his face, finished all the sour oranges that a woman gave, in order to prevent his companions from making faces or doing something that will hurt the woman's heart.
He was the very same man, who wrote "This is a message from Muhammad Ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them." He was the same man, who wrote Muhammad Ibn Abdullah instead of Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah, in the very same document, as a respect to the Christians who are not comfortable with it.
He was the very same man, who wrote "This is a message from Muhammad Ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them." He was the same man, who wrote Muhammad Ibn Abdullah instead of Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah, in the very same document, as a respect to the Christians who are not comfortable with it.
He was Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him); my role model.
It is sad to see how many muslims who declare they love this great man, but end up doing the opposite thing that he did. It is disappointing to see, muslims, who are taught and believe that Islam is a very beautiful and peaceful religion, end up doing something that Islam never teaches us to do. Prophet Muhammad is a great man, a man who obeys Allah, a man who practice Islam in every aspect of his life, a man who treats others with respect; no matter who they are or what their beliefs are.
Let us learn to respect others, respect their beliefs and respect their ways as Prophet Muhammad taught us. Stop criticising others, and learn to understand others. If we don't celebrate it, tell them we don't celebrate it, but we don't stop them from celebrating it, or criticising them for celebrating it. Respect others. How on earth we want people to respect us if we don't respect them. It's as simple as that.
"We used to say that those amongst us with the most sins
are those who spend their time talking about the sins of others."
-Muhammad ibn Sireen (the saying of salaf)
: 14th February 2012.
: 04.00 p.m.
: Plymouth, U.K.
: I'm sorry on behalf those muslims who don't show respect to others.
And I'm deeply sorry if I am one of them too,
for I am far from being a good muslim, but I am trying my best to.