Sunday, 22 December 2013

When you love, you commit.

Evergreen [Will Young]


Being the eldest child is not an easy thing.
I love my siblings, my mom, my dad and my cats.
However, I hate it when I am the one who have to do a lot of things.
All those house chores; from doing laundry, sweeping the floor, cooking, cleaning and stuffs.
I hate it especially if I am responsible in doing all that every single day.
All this commitment, I hate it.
But, there are many verses in Quran mention about love.
The word 'love' appears in over 90 places in Quran.
However, interestingly,
it doesn't define the word 'love'.
Instead, it speaks about
the very first consequence of love;
commitment.
So dear self, if you love your family and cats,
be committed.
In whatever chores you are doing, be committed.
Allah pays every sweat.
Just please, please please please don't complain.


: 22nd December 2013.
: 05.20 p.m.
: Penang, Malaysia.
: I am indeed a very weak person.
I'm always being tempted to think evil and say evil thing.
Guide this weak heart, dear Lord.