Friday, 9 January 2015

Never in anyone's name.


Let me ask you a question. I want you to be honest with me when you answer it. 

Question 1: 
           What do you feel if someone insult or make fun of someone you love? Let say your dear parents. Or maybe your beloved spouse or partner.
Question 2: 
What will you do to him or her who said those nasty things to your beloved?

For Question 1, it is perfectly normal and human if you feel angry or hurt. You might feel like slapping that person or even do the same thing too.  
For Question 2, your answer is what will determine you. I admit, most of us will imagine all sorts of things to do (e.g. slapping that person, throwing eggs or making fun of their beloveds or even strangling that person to death) but imagination is just imagination. Your action is what counts. And your action pays a great deal of consequences later in life.

I am merely human, imperfect human. In career-wise, I am a teacher. A new one in teaching to be exact. Throughout my short period in being a teacher, there are numerous times when I feel like strangling my students to death for their misbehaviour. In my mind, I might have canned them and shred their exam papers to pieces. However, it is just in my head. I admit, I am a bad teacher, I know but I believe most of the teachers have at least imagined to do such things once. The keyword here: imagine.  
But if I were to carry such actions, I am not just proving myself to be one freaking bad and evil teacher, but the people around me will face the consequences for my action. I am a teacher, therefore, all the teachers will be affected. The teaching profession will be tainted and society will start judging teachers and a great amount of hatred and fear will infiltrate the society. And who knows, a father who used to hate teachers will end up killing innocent teachers to pay for my action? 
This is just an example for what is happening lately. 

Muslims are being backlashed for the crimes that people who claimed to do it in the name of Islam did. Seriously, using religion to justify any crime is just pure evil and sin and madness. There is no religion in this world which promotes killing and massacre. No. Not in Islam. Not in Christianity. Not in Buddhism. Not in any religion.  
And killing in the name of God? Never. Never in God's name.


.....................

“Loving the Prophet (salla Allah alayhi wa sallam) is a necessary requirement of Iman. Defending his honor is a sign of belief. This is done by following his teachings and practice, not by murdering in his name. 

Our Prophet was verbally abused and physically harassed multiple times in Makkah. Never ONCE did any of the Companions go and murder those who did such deeds. 

Do those who kill others in the name of the Prophet believe that they love him more than the companions? 
And even for those who believe that the penalty for blasphemy should be death: by unanimous consensus of ALL the scholars of Islam, this must take place after a legitimate trial, by a qualified judge, appointed by a legitimate Islamic state. Under NO circumstances does Islam allow vigilante justice, for to open this door leads to chaos, confusion and bloodshed. 

Muslims: get your act together!! Such acts of terror are not only haram and spill innocent blood, they will come back to harm you and your communities in the short and long run. 
And as a result, all of us will suffer.”

[Dr Yasir Qadhi]



: 9th January 2014.
: 9.00 a.m.
: Penang, Malaysia.
: What is happening to the world?
What is happening to humanity?