Oh, misty morning.
It was 3.30 a.m in the morning when I drove my car to pick up one of my friends from the bus station, alone. I am not a person who mind much in waking up early in the morning to pick up someone, however, to drive alone in wee hours at this area is not something I would gladly do.
It is not a big deal for me to drive at night or early morning, however, this is not Penang. To make you clear on why I was feeling dreadful about this, let me tell you about the location of my new house. This area is not that far from the town, however it is not that near too. It takes around 5 to 10 minutes (depending on your speed and the amount of cars on the road) to reach the bus station. There are a few lamp lights along the way and around 500 metres before and after the cemetery area, there is no lamp post. If you drive at night, at some point you have to turn on your high light. Along the way, there are a lot of bushes and undeveloped area which indicate that there are also animals like wild boars (they said there are wild boars), bats and other animals which I shall not write (because I am not sure myself).
I woke up around 3.22 a.m after getting a call from my friend. As I opened the main door, it was pitch black outside. I would not be able to see anything if we did not turn on the porch light. It was dark and the mist made me shivered. I don’t know why but I felt so alone and a little bit scared at that moment. I was not thinking of ghosts or that sort of entity but I was scared if some bad people saw me and decided to rob me or anything. There was not a single car or soul when I was on the road to ‘accompany’ me Due to that, I did not stop even when the traffic light was red. How could I stop? What if I was robbed? What if suddenly someone came and followed me? So much of pessimism and paranoia but you can’t blame me as I was alone and those were the thoughts that I had. I prayed hard that nothing would happen to me before I reached the station. At that moment, I suddenly missed my nocturnal friends; those friends who tend to sleep late and enjoy accompanying people at night.
Nevertheless, despite all those negative thoughts and feelings, thank goodness I managed to pick up my friend and came back in safely. Okay, it’s an exaggeration I know but really, that’s how I felt.
Alhamdulillah, I praise the Lord for keeping me safe and sound.
………………………
Tidakkah kamu mengetahui bahawa kerajaan langit dan bumi
adalah kepunyaan Allah?
Dan tiada bagimu selain Allah, seorang pelindung
mahupun seorang penolong.
[Surah Al-Baqarah, 2: 107]
: 15th July 2014.
: 09.05 a.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: Thank God today is a public holiday, yehuuuu.