Friday, 25 July 2014

"Somebody? We are somebody."



We live in cities you'll never see on screen
Not very pretty, but we sure know how to run things
Living in ruins of a palace within my dreams
And you know, we're on each other's team

.........................




...........................

The stove in our kitchen is too old now. My mom had to resort in using matches to light it up. Cooking has been a difficult thing for me as I hate using matches. Have I told you when I was young I was so good at lighting up fire using matches until I almost burnt my brother's clothes? After that I was not allowed to touch matches until my skill has getting rusty. And as a result, I hate using matches.
Oh, talk about our stove. For people who feel like to get a new one will cost you money and they hate spending money for such thing instead of new clothes or handbags or shoes, they will be patient and use matches. But for me who is not fond of troubling myself in cooking especially, this stove needs to be put in the museum instead. So, as nobody did anything to either throw it away or buy a new one, as the eldest and the only one with salary (among siblings of course), I decided to buy a new stove for my family.
There goes my money but here comes happiness and comfort. That's why people say happiness has its price. It certainly does have its price, but I don't mind. As long as my mother can cook happily and with less trouble. And I hope the stove will bring happiness to everyone's stomach. Ahahha.


: 25th July 2014.
: 11.00 p.m.
: Penang, Malaysia.
: It feels so good to be home.