Friday, 18 July 2014

Two students fought during my lesson.


Two students from my class were fighting during my lesson. Oh, what a day.
I entered my class as usual. The students were scattered in the class; some were running in and out, some were playing games in their exercise books, a few students were sleeping and others were chattering. This scene was normal for this class. I walked out of the class and crossed my arms while throwing daggers through my eyes at the students who were running out of the class. It took a few minutes for them to ‘surrender’ under my piercing gaze (self-proclaimed statement) and I instructed the class monitor to ask the whole class to stand up and greet me properly. After that, I returned their exercise books and passed the handout that I wanted them to do during my lesson.
However, while I was busy passing the handout, suddenly one boy, Student A shouted at the other boy, Student B. Before I could do anything, Student A launched himself at Student B and started punching him. I was shocked and out of reflex, I quickly grabbed Student A’s hand to stop him from hurting Student B any further. I forgot that a furious boy is a dangerous boy. He pushed my hand away (thank God I didn’t fall flat on the floor) and launched a few punches and kicks to Student B. I was completely out of words. All I did was shouting at him to stop doing that. He was about to lift a chair to hit Student B when another student stood up and pushed him aside. The student shouted at him to stop and thank God, he finally stopped. Tears were about to burst out from my eyes, however, I tried my best to keep my cool. I put those two a few metres away and at the same time, I instructed my whole class to stop interfering and start doing the task that I gave them.
I then called the PKHEM and told him about the incident. He asked me to bring the students over to him. That was the most difficult part; to bring those two to the office. It took me more than 5 minutes to drag those two to the office. I was at the verge of both crying and screaming my lungs out. Thank God I managed to drag them at last. Urgh, patience, patience.
Who said it is easy being a teacher? With all due respect, please come and teach this class.

………………….


“Teaching is not just about educate, but common sense.”



: 17th July 2014.
: 10.45 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: Classroom management is not easy.