Monday, 31 August 2015

Start living your life; in gratitude.

 You've got the healing that I want
Recently I have been thinking a lot about my personal development. I know it is super late for me to start reshuffling my schedule and daily routine as I am already a quarter-decade old (26 years old to be exact), but as people often say, it is never too late to change for the better. However, the question is; have I really changed for the better and if not; how?
When I looked back at my old random childish posts in this blog, as well as my written ramblings on other mediums (books, tumblr, twitters etc), I found that instead of improving a lot, my personal development is rather constant and at times, my progress kind of deteriorating rather than improving. This kind of hit me hard these few days. And while my housemate was away for her camp in Pahang, I did some sort of reflection on myself.
I have always complained about school and students, about my (lack of) love life, about my mundane routine (watching random videos and do nothing at home), about this dull, boring place I am stuck in and about myself physically (how unattractive I find myself is). All I ever did all the while was complaining and constantly looking at the negative side of things. 
And one day, as I stared at my ceiling, listening to the roar of thunders outside-- I realised how ungrateful I was (and still am). I forgot to look at how lucky I am to be able to rent a decent house in this dull place, how lucky I am for having my good friend that I have known since my first year of foundation in college as my housemate, how lucky I am to be able to own a car, how lucky I am to have a friend who never fails to call me at least once a fortnight, how lucky I am to have the strength and courage to drive miles and miles on the road, how lucky I am to have siblings who never fail to show their support and love (in their own ways) and the list goes on and on. And when one of my friends wrote me an unexpected comment, I realised how distorted my perspective has always been all this while. I failed to see all the good things that happened in my life as my eyes tend to see other people's blessings rather than my own blessings. 
So today, as I am waiting for my housemate to come home, I am writing this to remind myself that even though there are things that will put my spirit down being here in Jeli, there are other things to be grateful for. Just look around you, dear. See that photos on the wall? The books in your collection? The movies and drama series in your laptop? The housemate across your room? The trees outside the window? The food in your fridge? The bed in your room? Be grateful. You have more than you think you have.
....................
"Whatever you hold in your mind will tend to occur in your life. If you continue to believe as you have always believed, you will continue to act as you have always acted. If you continue to act as you have always acted, you will continue to get what you have always gotten. If you want different results in your life or your work, all you have to do is change your mind."
-Anonymous.
Recently, one of my friends commented on how glowing my face is. I doubted that statement honestly, but  I guess the above product has something to do with it. My face is kind of dry and using too much cream makes my face feel sticky and I dislike that kind of feeling. I have tried a few products and still, my face felt not moisturized enough. However, last month, as I randomly check updates on instagram, one of the people that I follow shared this product. And tadaaaaaa...I ended up buying this product. I have been using it ever since and I feel like my skin has never felt as moisturized as it is now. I don't know, but I've been loving it ever since. I hope it will continue making my skin feel moisturized. I am getting older day by day, so I really feel like I should start taking care of my skin seriously now. You should, too! 

: 31st August 2015.
: 05.35 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: I have a huge girl crush on one Youtube blogger.
She makes me thinking about how should I live my life to the fullest;
especially by pampering and taking care of myself, 
by reading at least a book or listening to a new song,
by trying and learning new things every single day
and by savoring each moment that is given to me.
It's all about carpe diem and being grateful, isn't it?