Thursday, 29 October 2015

Chivalry is dead.

I was born to love you [Queen]

When you think about it, people are really absurdly unfair to teachers, or educators. The people in the society blames you for their own failure in parenting, the society blames you for the students' own failure, the students hate you for being responsible.
You are judged by being rated by students, who rate you by "How much you entertain us," not "How much we learned from you." They say "thank you" once a year, during Teachers' Day, but many do not mean it.
The adults say you are important, and pay you peanuts, and tell their kids, "If you don't study well, you'll end up being a teacher" like your job is the worst on Earth.
But you have to say you love your job or people will judge you, even though this job, which once you loved, is drying up your blood and emptying up your soul. Like a curse.
And that's why I respect every teacher. Not because I'm one of them. But teachers are basically like Batman, from Nolan's Batman movies:
"That you are not the hero who the society wants, but someone the society needs. So they'll abuse you, because you can take it. Because you're not their hero. You're a silent guardian, a protective watcher. A Real Knight."

(taken from a post which my friend shared on Facebook)
.........................


It feels tiring to be bullied by students,
but it feels terribly exhausting to be bullied by your own colleagues; 
the teachers.


: 29th October 2015.
: 10.10 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: Just because I am capable of being the MC (Master of Ceremony),
just because I am always ready to help with the library,
just because I can teach Physics even though I am a TESL graduate,
just because I can drive for miles,
just because I can write the minutes of meeting decently,
just because I can handle the back classes,
it doesn't mean I am the only person who you should give all the work to.
I am not the only teacher in the school, though.
You should learn to see the best in other teachers too.