Because I Miss You [Jung Yonghwa]
Believe it or not, we've known each other for almost 8 years now. We started our friendship as roommates, then as close friends, and over the years, we are more like a family.
In every relationship, there are bounds to be ups and downs and we've been through all that. I admit that there were times when I was difficult to understand, times when I was being an annoying human being in that small room we shared back in the teaching college, times when I was suddenly being so distant, times when I was being such a spoiled baby and times when I was being so careless with my words. However, despite all that, you never fail to be such an amazing friend to me.
I still remember the beginning of our friendship. We both were so different from each other. It was not easy to accommodate and cater the differences we had; you need to sleep with the light on while I can only sleep in total darkness, you tend to do assignments earlier while I am a last minute fighter, you tend to sleep early while I always sleep late and the list goes on and on. The differences that we had at that time can make us grow apart, but instead, by trying to understand and cater each and every difference that we had, we have grown closer day by day. And over time, we learn that we both are different but similar in so many ways.
It is a lie if we say that we never had a misunderstanding. We did, but thankfully, we somehow tried our best to communicate with each other. Communication is definitely important. I never like to say what I really think, but growing up with you, I learn to say what I have in mind. It was not easy for me to put into words all the thoughts I had at the beginning of our friendship, but over time, I can share a lot of things with you even without you asking about it. The words just come out when I am with you. It shows how comfortable I am with you. That is why we can stay up all night talking about all the random things that come into our minds. I miss doing that with you. You know, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. I hope you miss it too, just like I do.
I might never show or tell you directly but your presence in my life means a lot to me. It gives me real courage when I know you are there with me. Though we are now separated by distance and work commitments, I still hold you dear in my thoughts. And there were times, especially when I heard certain words being said by others or when I listened to songs that we used to listen together, you just popped into my mind.
I could never thank you enough for all the support and love that you have given me throughout our friendship. Thank you for always being there for me especially when I need you the most. And sometimes, even without me having to reach for you, you are already there with a big warm hug. Tell you what, you are among those friends who can actually decipher the meaning behind every facial expression I make and every word I say. You know, with just one sentence and one type of laugh, you can definitely know whether I am being serious or I am joking. Oh, my students and even my colleagues can't differentiate between those two. It's so frustrating sometimes.
Dear you, in case people haven't told you this, you are a beautiful person; inside out. You and your kind heart, that is what makes people so drawn to you. You are so pure and that is why some people take you for granted. But my dear, even if people might be harsh to you and the whole world might put you through such a difficult time, please continue being the kind you. Those people might not be able to appreciate you, but Allah knows and He will definitely reward you with better things in life.
I might not be able to be there with you to lend my shoulder and shed your tears during your difficult times, but whatever brings you down, whatever makes you cry, whatever makes you hurt, I promise you, my prayers will always be there. In case I haven't told you this, remember, pain ends, but my love and support will never end. So, on this special day of yours, may you have all the happiness you deserve. And may Allah will always shower you with abundance of blessings in life.
Do you still remember this moment?
"One of the greatest gifts of God:
The people in our lives,
who accept,
and love,
the whole us-
not just the parts that glimmer."
: 13th October 2015.
: 11.59 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: I have this habit where I will wish people Happy Birthday
a few minutes before the day ends.
a few minutes before the day ends.
Is it a bad habit? Should I change it?