"Anytime you're gonna grow, you're gonna lose something. You're losing what you're hanging onto to keep safe. You're losing habits that you're comfortable with, you're losing familiarity."
-James Hillman
..................
My Jdorama feels is back, peeps. For the past three days I have been watching an old Jdorama (Japanese drama) series, no matter how busy I was (and I still am at the moment). I don't know why but I just feel like revisiting the plot of Hana Yori Dango, the Japanese version of Boys Over Flower (BOF). Of course you all know that Hana Yori Dango and its Japanese, Korean (Boys Over Flower), and Taiwanese (Meteor Garden-- ohhh Dao Ming Si!) adaptions are all based on the manga by the same name by Yoko Kamio. It became super popular and regarded as one of the classic series in most Kdrama addicts' hearts, even after all these years.
And, as most of you would probably know by now how the Korean version of BOF has such a special place in my heart-- thanks to the second pairing that I love the most; Yi Jung and Ga Eul, ironically, I never liked the main leads of the Korean version. Sorry, Gu Jun Pyo. I just don't find you and the heroine lovable enough to put in my list of favourite pairings.
Instead, I find myself falling in love with the main leads in Hana Yori Dango. The chemistry between Matsumoto Jun (Tsukasa Domyouji) and Inoue Mao (Makino Tsukushi) was apparent; I felt like they are a real couple, unlike the Korean version. Jun was so amazing in this drama, he's truly the perfect actor for Domyouji and oh, he is the reason I am laughing throughout this drama. His quirkiness, his language mistakes and his attitude; all those made him lovable (even though actually I never find him cute or handsome in other drama series). And for the heroine, I like this version best of Makino, she’s sweet, powerful, and stubborn at times, but she’s the one that resembles the original manga Makino the most. For me, Inoue Mao was perfect as Makino. Throughout the two seasons of this drama, we see her change a lot; in a good way. She starts off as somehow uncaring person, and ends up defending her love and her right to choose the way she lives. In comparison to the Korean version, I could see how she hated Domyouji at the beginning of the drama and ended up falling in love with Domyouji as the plot progresses. Even I, as the audience, ended up falling in love with this Makino and rooted for her and Domyouji (no matter how I actually love Oguri Shun who acted as Hanazawa Rui, the second hero in the drama). See, this is the power of love, people, the power of love! Ahhahaha.
Oh well, after this I am going to watch Hana Yori Dango movie to end this infatuation. The sooner I watch, the better. Or else, I might be spazzing over these two dorks for quite some time. I don't want that. My students are struggling for their upcoming exams. I need to get in touch with reality as soon as possible.
: 3rd October 2015.
: 7.45 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: I heard Matsumoto Jun and Inoue Mao have been dating for 9 years now.
If it's true, I wish them happiness.
If not, I still have them as a happy couple in Hana Yori Dango.
