That Man [Secret Garden OST]
"The tears of a sinner is more beloved
to Allah
than the
arrogance of a righteous man."
..................
Some of you might wondering how on earth I actually have time to watch all sorts of drama series when I am actually working as a secondary school English (and Physics apparently) teacher. Some of you also might find how ironic it is for me to spend so much time watching drama series now (when I am supposed to be busier working) instead of when I was a student; having the time of my life in the U.K once upon a time. Oh well, don't feel bad wondering about that because I myself am wondering how and why this is happening. But, never mind. This will not come out in any exam or interview, so let's just leave it like that, okay?
After finished watching Hana Yori Dango last week, I had this weird feeling of emptiness in my heart. Thinking that it has something to do with the lack of love that I have been feeling since last month (thanks to the amount of stress in teaching exam classes and attending post-mortem meetings), I urged myself to find another mushy drama series (urgh I can't believe I am in need of watching romantic drama series). It took me two days to figure out which drama series I should properly watch as a reward after a long day at school. I was torn between re-watching BIG (with my Gong Yoo in it of course) and watching Secret Garden.
Secret Garden was a hit when I was in the U.K and I still remember how almost all my friends went crazy over the coffee foam kiss (oopppsss). However, to tell you the truth, I didn't even finish watching the drama. At that time, I only managed to watch until the 2nd episode and until now, I don't even know the exact story line of the drama. But surprisingly, I know the OST of the drama so well to the point that I can even sing it. Weird, right? But yes I admit, I am a weird person. So, after some thoughts, I decided to watch Secret Garden just to put an end to this unfinished business. Gong Yoo can wait.
So, how do I find the drama so far? It is too mushy oh goshhh it makes me cringe when I think of certain dialogues and scenes ohhhhhh. I guess the reason why I didn't continue watching it years ago is because of the mushiness which makes both my fingers and toes curl ooohhhhhhhh. Oh well, years ago, I was not a fan of sweet mushy cliche type of drama but look at me now. People change and so does my preference ahhahahha. So now, I am watching Secret Garden with a new perspective. I might not like the drama a few years ago, but now, I find the drama interesting and it sure leaves an impression to me as an audience.
As I am writing this, I have come to an understanding of why this drama series was a hit back then. It is a pity that I wasn't able to enjoy this drama with my friends at that time because if I did enjoy it, I would be able to go gaga with them in the class while waiting for our lecturer to come in. To be honest with you, watching Secret Garden makes me miss them so much to the point that I feel that after typing this, when I wake up in the morning tomorrow, I will sit in the class and gossip with my friends over the cringing dialogues by Hyun Bin. However, like what Hyun Bin said in the drama, this is just my imagination.
I miss sharing thoughts (and obsession) over drama series with my dear friends. However, the time to do that has long gone. Now is not the time to obsess over handsome actors and sweet romantic drama series anymore. Now is the time to fully step into reality; where responsibility lies in every action that we take.
However, my dear friends, when reality hits you hard, don't be too hard on yourself. You can steal a bit of time to do things that you personally enjoy; like what I have been doing these days-- watching drama series.
And before I forget, salam Maal Hijrah. Let's be a better person; not just for every new year, but every day.
....................
"Make yourself a priority
once in a while.
It's not selfish.
It's necessary."
: 13th October 2015.
: 11.00 p.m.
: Jeli, Kelantan.
: Olmanaaa olmanaaaaaaaaaa~
